City / Region: Waterford
Job title: Operations Manager
Language skills: English – perfect
We have an exciting opportunity for an Operations Manager to join our team in our three-star hotel in Waterford city.
The ideal candidate will come from at least a 3-star background, preferably with experience in Food and Beverage and Meetings and Events.
The successful candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills and take a hands-on approach to tasks, including the day-to-day management of the operation and lead from the front. You will have gained experience from at least one to two years of duty management within a busy environment and be an excellent host with solid management and customer service skills.
The candidate should have a proven record of being an achiever, setting and maintaining high standards, yet with the ability to establish positive relations with both customers and colleagues alike. The candidate will have duty management responsibility for all areas of the hotel.
The primary purpose of this role will be to oversee the smooth operations of the busy 112 bedroom hotel. The successful candidate must have previous experience managing and running shifts within the hotel environment. They will have excellent communication skills and have the ability to direct the team in their day to day duties.
Reporting to the Directors, the successful candidate will work closely with the management team, managing the day-to-day operations in this busy hotel with 112 bedrooms, Bar, restaurant and conference centre.
The role will have a strong emphasis on food & beverage, and the candidate will be dedicated to providing high standards in customer service. Front office operations and overall guest experiences are fundamental. We take pride in delivering high-quality service to guests.
You must have excellent team leadership, motivation, communication and organisational skills.
Main Duties Include:
- Oversee the smooth running of day-to-day operations, particular focus on bar /restaurant and group bookings
- Work closely with heads of departments in helping them and their team members consistently deliver high-quality standards of guest service
- Ensuring relevant standards are maintained and, where possible improved
- Working with directors/operation manager and other heads of department within the property to ensure the smooth running and, where possible, exceed guest expectations.
- Assisting on roistering and recruitment
- Working with Directors ensuring department budgets and sales forecasted are achieved along with financial goals.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Full COVID-19 commitment with a designated COVID Team
A strong commitment to making every effort to protect our guests and employees in response to COVID-19 and its aftermath. We have been awarded the Fáilte Ireland Safety Charter 2022
Email: [email protected]