City / Region: Waterford
Job title: Food and Beverage Server
Language skills: English – perfect
If you like working with people and making them happy or love being surrounded by delicious foods and drinks, you might be ready for a server job. Food & Beverage servers process orders and serve food & beverage items to customers, ensure customers are satisfied with their dining experience, process customer payments, and immediately handle complaints and concerns as they occur.
Part of your job description as a food and beverage server includes ensuring the orders are correct and that the food comes out as quickly as possible.
· Greet customers, make suggestions, answer and present the menu
· Answer all questions about beverages and the food. By providing food and beverage product knowledge.
· Take orders and send them to kitchen staff through the POS system
· Ensure quality service in the dining room and serve meals. Use proper serving techniques.
· Check on guest satisfaction
· Handle complaints and concerns of customers
· Prepare the bills for beverages and meals ordered, take the cash and give change, and then balance daily transactions
· Take reservations and greet customers
· Use sales techniques to retain customers and attract more
· Apply health regulations relating to cleanliness
· Apply safety regulations
· Practice responsible service of alcohol
· Comply with equipment usage guidelines
· Comply with maintenance guidelines
· Ensure your work area is clean
· Organise your work and work area professionally
· Clean and clear the dining room tables
· Do all other tasks as required by the supervisor
Requirements – Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Ability to tell customers about specials
· Ability to listen to the customer’s order and relay it to the cooks
· Great listening and speaking skills for creating a great dining experience for customers
· Excellent customer service skills
· Ability to remember food and drink specials in situations where big and complicated orders happen
· A good memory to help remember various kinds of orders
· Good stamina and ability to stand for long hours while serving customers
· Being a team player is essential
· Profession appearance and attitude
· Time management skills
Possible Future Career Paths:
- Food and Beverage Service Supervisor
- Beverage Services Manager
- Assistant Manager
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: €10.50-€11.00 per hour
All employees may wear masks while on duty if they wish. Full training will be provided on how to protect yourself while on duty.