Best Sommelier of Asia & Oceania 2022
Please read carefully below
2 candidates and the president (if the president is unable to attend, only the vice-president may substitute) per country are invited.
The competition will not be open to the public, including the Final. The Final will be live-streamed as usual.
The deadline for registration is : Friday, October 7th, 2022
JSA will provide accommodation from November 7 (check-in) to 10 (check-out). Those who wish to arrive earlier or extend their stay (15.000 yens / night including breakfast) are requested to make their own arrangements. However, if you need assistance in this regard, please contact email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
The hotel is conveniently located across the road from Shinagawa station.
The venue of the competition is the same hotel as your accommodation.
- Accommodation & Competition: Annexe Tower
- Dinner on November 7: Main Tower (TBC)
- Dinner on November 9: Annex Tower (TBC)
Monday, November 7th 2022
- 19.00 h: Welcome dinner (@hotel)
- Dress code: Smart Elegant
Tuesday, November 8th 2022
- Full day Quarterfinal
- Free evening
- The candidates will receive 10.000 yens worth of meal vouchers that can be used at the hotel’s restaurants.
Wednesday, November 9th 2022
- Morning: Semi-finals
- Afternoon: Finals
- 19.00 h: Closing dinner (@ hotel)
- Dress code: Smart Elegant // Sommelier attire for candidates
Thursday, November 10th 2022
Entry requirements for Japan
Please use this link to review the entry requirements specific to you: https://www.hco.mhlw.go.jp/en/
If you are unsure of your eligibility to travel to Japan, please contact the nearest Japanese embassy or consulate for additional information. (Under no circumstances is JSA responsible for the requirements of your entry into the country.)
In summary … (what you no longer need, what you still need)
- Certificate of Covid negative test results obtained 72 hours before departure: No longer required provided that you have been fully vaccinated and boosted with vaccines approved by the Japanese government.
- COMIRNATY / Pfizer
- Vaxzevria / AstraZeneca
- Spikevax / Moderna
- COVAXIN / Bharat Biotech
- Nuvaxovid / Novavax
- JCOVDEN / Janssen
* If you have not been vaccinated 3 times yet or have not been vaccinated with the vaccines approved by the Japanese government, you will still need to obtain a certificate 72 hours prior to departure.
* For Kazak, Vietnamese nationals who are not fully vaccinated with the approved vaccines, they are required to obtain a certificate before departure, get tested on arrival and must be quarantined for 3 days.
No longer required to stay up to 3 months.
* Please note that those who were required to obtain a visa to travel to Japan even before the pandemic will continue to be required to obtain a visa.
- Download application “MySOS”:
It is highly recommended to download this application for “Fast Track” procedures.
“Fast Track” enables you to save time upon arrival at the airport, by pre-registering all the necessary information regarding entry procedures.
(To be completed at least 6 hours prior to your arrival)
Tokyo has two airports, Haneda and Narita. There are direct trains from both airports, but Haneda Airport is definitely closer.
It takes 15 to 20 minutes from Haneda Airport by train “Keikyu”. From Narita airport, it is approximately 70 minutes by train “Narita Express”.