Launched in in 2015, the Winemakers & Terroirs for the future competition aims to help promising young winegrowers to establish themselves in establish in exceptional French wine regions. AdVini and L’Institut Agro – Montpellier SupAgro wish to encourage the development of wine-growing activity by supporting environmentally friendly initiatives which highlight people, terroir, and traditions.
Following a day-long hearing, Jenia Vasiljeva and Thibaud Vermillard, from Domaine Ampelhus, winegrowers in the Languedoc region, won the first prize and an endowment of € 50,000.
Valentin and Henri Bruneau from the Domaine des Frères located in the Loire region, won the Second Prize in Winemakers & Terroirs for the future Competition and an endowment of €20,000.
Thrilled by Isabelle Pangault’s project from Domaine L’Affût located in Touraine, the jury awarded her a special prize and an endowment of € 10,000 to support her in the development of her projects.
These three new projets join the “Winemakers & Terroir for the future Alumni Club” along with:
- Château des Vergers – Frédéric Berne
- Domaine La Calmette – Nicolas Fernandez et Maya Sallée
- Domaine de l’Austral – Pauline Mourrain et Laurent Troubat
- Domaine de Mirabeau – Pauline Chatin
- Domaine des Boissières – Marc Fraysse
- Domaine de l’Envol – Catherine et Daniel Hirsinger, Raphael Marchant
- Mas de Bagnols – Louis De Mooerlose
- Domaine Graeme et Julie Bott – Julie et Graeme Bott
- Mas Llossanes – Solenn et Dominique Génot
- Clos d’Audhuy – Benoit Aymard
Photo – Left to Right: Julie et Graeme Bott (winners of the 4th edition of the Concours Vignerons et Terroirs d’Avenir), Serge Dubs (ASI Best Sommelier of the World 1989), Valentin et Henri Bruneau (Domaine des Frères – 2nd prize) (on bottom), Stéphane Derenoncourt (Derenoncourt Consultants), Hervé Hannin (Institut Agro | Montpellier SupAgro), Thibaud Vermillard et Jenia Vasiljeva (Domaine Ampelhus – 1st prize), Antoine Leccia (AdVini), Michel Penet (Président du Conseil de l’école interne Montpellier SupAgro), Sophie Quillet, (France Agrimer), Isabelle Pangault (L’Affût – 3rd prize) (on bottom)
Crédit Photo © Mae Galvez